Hindley Green Community Primary School
School Council 2017/18
‘Working together to give you a voice’
Our school council at Hindley Green CP School is made up of a representative from each class from Y3-Y6. The school council typically meets every two weeks at break time on a Friday. Our agendas are usually based on fundraising but we also discuss any issues brought up by class council discussion.
During the autumn term we raised £1000 for the BBC Children in Need Campaign and plan to raise a substantial sum of money for our school charity, Cancer Research UK in the Spring Term.
Term 1 – Autumn
- We spent most of our time planning the activities for Children in Need day which was a huge success.
- We raised £450 selling official merchandise.
- We raised £550 from non-uniform donations, the staff soak, staff duck race and staff wax.
- Thank you to everyone for taking part and donating to this worthy cause.
- At the beginning of the school year an issue was raised over the dinner time rotas by Year 5/6 in class council. This was forwarded on to Mrs Affleck and resolved straight away.
Term 2 – Spring
- We are going to focus on our school charity this term which is Cancer Research UK. This charity was voted for by all the children in the school.
- We are planning a special charity event which links to literacy!
- We have asked Mrs Affleck for permission to hold a bring-and-buy book sale.
- This event would involve everyone in the school bringing in a book which will be sold to someone else for 50 pence.
- We will be giving you more information throughout the term.
- If you are thinking of donating any old books to a charity shop please keep hold of them!